From some forum, I found a lots of users have problems that MakeMKV not working on macOS High Sierra 10.13, and have no idea to solve these issues. So, in this post, we aims at fixing MakeMKV and macOS High Sierra converting errors by providing a simple way. Read on to find out more.
As MakeMKV for Mac can not run on macOS Sierra and High Sierra 10.13 currently, and it can only convert Blu-ray/DVD to MKV format without compression, so the ripped files may big in size and takes up lots of your memory space. Please be noted you have only 60-day free-trail with MakeMKV, after that you need to purchase the formal software.
The best solution for you is to find the best MakeMKV Alternative for macOS High Sierra. With several of my tests, I find Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripper for Mac is one of the best macos High Sierra MakeMKV alternative software that highly suggested with below features:
- Support any kinds of 2D/3D/HD/4K Blu-ray & DVD as input
- Remove all the restrictions like AAC, BD+, CSS, Region, RCE, Sony ARccOS and PuppetLock
- Convert Blu-ray & DVD movies to 250+ popular formats such as:MOV/FLV/3GP/MP4/AVI/MKV/WMV,etc without any quality loss
- Optimized presets for 150+ popular devices and media player including iPhone (8/X), iPad, Apple TV 4K, Galaxy Note8, and many more.
- Makes 1:1 Full Blu-ray/DVD disc copy in original file structure or directly copy Blu-ray/DVD main movie as you like
- Support insert SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your Blu-ray/DVD Movies
- Bonus video editing function to trim unwanted video length, crop out the black bars around the movie, split large video into small parts, remove unwanted audio from video, etc
Guide: Rip and Convert Blu-ray/DVD with Best MakeMKV for Mac Alternative
Step1. Load BD/DVD MoviesDownload and run the best MakeMKV for Mac alternative software, click load disc button to load Blu-ray/DVD movies to the program. Here, BD, DVD ISO, IFO, Video_TS Folder files are supported as well.
Step 2. Choose output formatTap the Format bar and select MP4, MOV, M4V, AVI, WMV, etc. formats from Common Video or HD Video category as the output format. Besides, you can also choose the presets according to your devices. It's perfect than MakeMKV.
Tips: If you want to customize the output video quality, you can click the "Settings" button to open the Settings window and set video resolution, frame rate, bit rate, codec, etc.
Step 3. Start the conversionAt last, click the Convert button to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to desired formats on macOS Highs Sierra 10.13. BD/DVD copy protection will be removed automatically.
When the conversion is finished, you can click Open to locate the ripped files and play them on Mac or other portable devices without hassle.
Read More:Fix Camtasia Studio 7/8/8.6 Not Working with MP4 Files
Can't Edit iPhone 8/X 4K Videos with Pinnacle Studio-The Solution